Sir Food-A-Lot

Welcome! I hope you find reading this blog as enjoyable as I do writing it. I'm a guy who loves food. Yes, I realize that there are lots of us "bloggers" that love food. So, you ask yourself, why should I follow Sir Food-A-Lot? The answer is simple, I'm passionate and knowledgeable. I plan to give you fun things to read, including: restaurant reviews, recipes, and simple techniques to help the home cook take meals to a new level.

What will set my writing apart? I hope you will notice that I bring my own unique voice to the world of food. I will tell you what I learn, think, see, and taste in my words not the jargon that we all read in magazines and articles all over the place. You will truly get to learn Malcolm's (Sir Food-A-Lot) perspective and I hope it's entertaining and helpful. Your feedback is always taken seriously and incorporated when appropriate.

So, here we go...enjoy!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Quick and easy #3

Pan seared chicken cutlets
Roasted asparagus and red peppers
Crispy romaine side salad

Twenty minutes?! Shut yo mouth!

I think you are going to really like this. And we are starting to build up a nice little repertoire of quick and easy meals. We’ll have you actually wanting to cook soon, who would have believed that? Feel free to share your pictures so I can see how your creations are coming out. And remember, once you get comfortable with a recipe you can start to switch up the ingredients and the spices. That’s when it gets super exciting and when you can call a recipe your own.

This next meal is super easy and very quick. At the same time, it has great flavor and is healthy, to boot. So no excuses!

6 chicken cutlets ½” thick (or 2 breast sliced into cutlets)
½ pound of asparagus
½ red bell pepper, julienned
1 romaine heart chopped
¼ cup of shaved Parmesan cheese
Croutons
Salad dressing of choice, I suggest something creamy with this meal

Season your chicken cutlets with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and a little cayenne pepper. Set to the side.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Julienne ½ of a red pepper (although you should still have plenty left from your prep time on Sunday, remember?). Place the asparagus and red pepper on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, then salt and pepper. Mix around with your hands to make sure all is lightly coated with oil. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until asparagus is tender and bright green with some brown tips.

While the veggies are cooking we’ll get to the chicken. Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat and add some EVOO (start with a tablespoon, you can always add more if needed), once the skillet is hot. Carefully place your chicken in the skillet and cook until brown on one side (3-4 minutes) then turn the cutlets. Cook on the second side another 3-4 minutes and then remove from heat.

Toss the romaine with cheese and croutons. Serve dressing on the side.

How easy is that? Dinner in 20 minutes, how do you like that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment